Career Development Opportunity
Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State Exciting Opportunities: Senior Research Fellows in Long-Term Energy Scenarios/Modelling
Location: You will operate from your current location with occasional travel to AEFUNAI for training and meetings.
The Centre for Climate Change and Development at Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu Alike (CCCD-AEFUNAI), Ebonyi State is a leading climate change think tank in Nigeria. The Centre is leading on a research and capacity building project for the Implementation of a Deep Decarbonization Pathway Programme (DDPP) in Nigeria in the framework of the 2050 Facility funded by the Agence Française de Développement (AFD) with the International Relation & Sustainable Development Institute (IDDRI) as the Programme Coordinator. CCCD is looking for Senior Research Fellows to construct models and scenarios of how Nigeria can realise long-term economic growth while achieving ambitious Green House Gas emission reduction.
The emphasis will be on the following sectors of the economy – Agriculture, Forestry and Land Use (AFOLU), Transport, Residential, Waste, Energy, Commerce & Industry and Oil & Gas.
The commitment (and stipend) is for one day a week over 3 years. The cost for training and meeting will also be covered.
The Post Holders Will
- Receive rigorous training on long-term energy modelling skills from international experts
- Provide guidance to Postdoctoral Fellows on the construction of scientifically robust integrated assessment models that can inform the development of low-emission transition pathways for Nigeria up to 2050
- Assist in crafting the research design, methodology and work progamme to achieve the objective of the project.
- Lead on and assist with the preparation of journal papers, educational and training workshops and evaluation strategies.
Required Qualification & Skills
- Have an existing position in a higher education institution in Nigeria.
- Minimum of PhD degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Economics or other related fields.
- Outstanding research skills, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- At least a basic experience in the usage of energy modelling tools (e.g. LEAP, TIMES, MESSEGEetc), programming and the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype, Zoom, etc).
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet up to VBA.
- Familiarity with ongoing debates and initiatives in the field of energy, decarbonisation, climate change and environmental sustainability.
- Ability to write clearly and consistently and present to a wide variety of local and international audience.
Application deadline: 1800 HRS Friday, March 12, 2021. Please send your application and CV (in one PDF Document) to firstname.lastname@example.org