Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
Postdoctoral Fellows in Long-Term Energy Scenarios/Modelling
Location: Ebonyi State.
The Centre for Climate Change and Development at Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu Alike (CCCD-AEFUNAI), Ebonyi State is a leading climate change think tank in Nigeria. The Centre is leading on a research and capacity building project for the Implementation of a Deep Decarbonization Pathway Programme (DDPP) in Nigeria in the framework of the 2050 Facility funded by the Agence Française de Développement (AFD) with the International Relation & Sustainable Development Institute (IDDRI) as the Programme Coordinator. CCCD is looking for two Postdoctoral Research Fellows to construct models and scenarios of how Nigeria can realise long-term economic growth while achieving ambitious Green House Gas emission reduction. The emphasis will be on the following sectors of the economy – Agriculture, Forestry and Land Use (AFOLU), Transport, Residential, Waste, Energy, Commerce & Industry and Oil & Gas. This is a 3-year full-time paid residential post requiring total devotion and a strong willingness to operate at the highest level of professional excellence.
The Post Holders Will
- Receive rigorous training on long-term energy modelling skills from international experts
- Construct scientifically robust integrated assessment models that can inform the development of low-emission transition pathways for Nigeria up to 2050.
- Work with six part-time Research Fellows and a Project Leader as mentors
- Conduct a systematic literature review on long-term energy scenarios/modelling
- Travel to field sites to collect relevant data for bottom-up analysis
- Assist with preparing briefing notes and presentation slides.
- Assist with preparation of all educational and training workshops and evaluation strategies.
Required Qualification & Skills
- Minimum of PhD degree (or be able to complete a PhD degree by June 2021) in Engineering, Economics, Environmental Science, or other related fields.
- Appreciable research skills with publications
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Beginner experience in the usage of energy modelling tools (e.g. LEAP, TIMES, MESSAGE etc)
- Good programming experience
- Good experience in the use of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype, Zoom, etc).
- Good knowledge of MS Excel spreadsheet for data analysis
- Familiarity with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the Energy Transition debate.
- Good experience in technical writing and presentation to a wide variety of audiences.
Application deadline: 1800 HRS Friday, March 12, 2021
Please send your application and CV (in one PDF Document)