Open
  • CCCD Office, AE-FUNAI, Ikwo, Ebonyi State, Nigeria.
  • Mon - Fri 8.00 - 17.00. Sunday CLOSED

Home

Twitter Feeds

Several African countries have only about 30% of thier infrastructural needs built. This leaves a staggering 70% of transportation, energy, water etc facilities that can be developed in a low carbon manner. Here in lies the biggest opportunity for green growth in Africa!!

Glad to be speaking alongside distinguished Professor Akin Abayomi, Hon minister of health Lagos State on dealing with biosecurity threats in Nigeria.
@ProfAkinAbayomi

Gabon to collect $100 million over 10yrs to preserve it's extremely diverse rainforest and sequester carbon. This is a step in the right direction but the sum should have been higher for the size of forest involved. Also prudence & accountability in spending fund is needed.

The #ClimateCrisis is reshaping our world, yet how often do you hear about it?

26,000 Climate Conversations is a #ClimateAction campaign with a simple goal: 26K #ClimateChats by Nov. 1—Day 1 of @COP26.

💬Have a conversation
📝Submit it
🌍Spread the word

https://talkclimatechange.org

I welcome Prime Minister Johnson's emphasis on the need for G7 leaders to champion co-operation among nations to must ‘build back greener. It MUST be stressed that the world's poorest countries need to be considered as a major focus in the global green recovery efforts.

Load More...

Urgent Vacancy

Governing Inclusive Green Growth in Africa (GIGGA)

Watch Our Videos

Enhancing LPG Access for Semi-Urban Populations in Nigeria

The Climate Change and Development Centre, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike Ikwo, Nigeria and her partners –Techno Oil Limited and Africare – are implementing a grant funded project by the DFID funded Modern Energy Cooking Services

Promoting Public Engagement with Nigeria’s NDC Revision and Climate Action

The Climate Change and Development Centre, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike Ikwo, is implementing a World Resources Institute funded project geared towards providing independent

Nigerian Deep Decarbonization Pathways Project

The Nigeria Deep Decarnization Pathways Project (DPP) is part of an “umbrella” collaboration between French Development Agency (AFD) and The Foundation Institut du développement durable et des relations internationales (IDDRI), with

Introduction

About Us

The Centre for Climate Change and Development (CCD) is a dynamic research think-thank based at the Alex-Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike (AEFUNAI) Nigeria.

The Centre for Climate Change and Development at AFEFUNAI is intended to become a world-class think tank and the leading centre of innovative learning, research, and policy guidance in the areas of environmental sustainability, climate change and green development in Nigeria and Africa more broadly.

Lead by Professor Chukwumerije Okereke (www.chukwumerije.com), a globally recognized leading scholar on climate governance and international development, CCD is focused on providing research analysis consultancy services, trainings, advocacy, stakeholder, and policy engagement of the highest international quality.

Four operational units

Focal Areas

At the Centre we are devoted to understanding the mix of policies, strategies, and institutional arrangements that can help to address climate change and natural resource degradation;

Climate Policy and Justice

  • Climate institutions and governance – national and global level
  • Climate mitigation approaches, potential and measures – effectiveness, social, cost, economics

The Green Growth and Sustainable Development

  • Modelling and Scenarios
  • Emissions and Development pathways
  • Circular Economy
  • Green Infrastructure
  • Green Foreign Direct Investment

Climate Adaptation and Resilience

  • Impact and Vulnerability Assessment
  • Impacts, Risks Synergies and Trade-Offs
  • Urban Systems and Other Settlements
  • Water- Food-Energy Nexus

Climate Information Services

  • Meteorological Observations
  • Process Parametrization
  • Climate and Weather Monitoring
  • Global Emission Scenarios
  • Climate Model Outputs

We are Africa’s leading think tank on climate change and development

Connect with us to champion a better future for Africa

Call us: (+2347035627331)